It’s Spring ‘Remember your Car too!
Spring is on the rise, and as winter says her goodbyes, it's time to give your car a good spring clean, much as you would your own house. It's time to clean out the clutter, dust, and dirt that finds its way into all the little recesses within the confines of your car, from the interior to the exterior and under the hood!
Tips for keeping your car in tip-top shape.
- Give the exterior of your car a suitable soap wash to remove dirt, grime, road salt, and tar it has picked up on its winter travels; either do it yourself, which can be fun or if you feel inclined, take it through a reputable car wash or professional detailer.
- Check for any scratches on your car's body, which you could touch up with some matching paint color, which you can purchase from a local auto shop.
- If your car appears dull after the winter, then now is an excellent time to cut and polish the paintwork, with a final buff to bring back its sparkle and shine. You could do this yourself or seek out a professional car detailer.
- Check under the hood, which is a frequently neglected area; I suggest spraying the engine with some grease and dirt remover before hosing away the residue accumulated through the winter; either do it yourself or employ a professional to steam clean the engine. While cleaning up the engine, check under your car's chassis and in the wheel hubs to wash away any dirt and debris that may have become stuck or wedged there.
- Give the interior a good going over, and remove all trash from under the dash, in the glove compartment, under the seats, or in other places trash seems to congregate.
- The interior needs a good vacuum cleaning, ensuring you get into all the tricky corners and dark places. If you find any grime or stains on the upholstery, I recommend using a foaming fabric cleaner or your favorite fabric stain remover.
- Remember to clean your floor mats before placing them back in the car or replace them if they look a bit worse for wear. Check your window wipers because, after the winter, they will likely need replacing, which is something that you can do yourself or bring your car into a reputable auto repair and service shop.
- Check and top up all the fluids in the car, window wiper fluid, engine oil, radiator, and brake fluids, because you certainly wouldn't want any to run out while underway.
- Make sure you have your roadside safety equipment up to date, such as tire changing tools and spare tire; make sure your tire pressure is what is at the recommended PSI ( pounds per square inch) and your tire tread is not too worn; a good idea would be to carry extra drinking water along with a few snacks and flares if you need to use them in the case of a remote breakdown.
Extra springtime care your car will need!
Now that we have the annual spring general cleaning out of the way, it would be a good idea to schedule your car for its annual general maintenance. At Foothill Auto Service, we are proud to offer a comprehensive range of services and diagnostics to cover all vehicle makes and models, from the recommended Factory scheduled maintenance, tire service and replacements, wheel alignments, balancing, and rotations to oil changes, transmissions, and brake repairs. Our professional ASE-certified auto mechanics provide a high-quality and trusted repair service. At Foothill Auto Service, we have everything you ever wanted in a repair shop and much more.
You become like family at Foothill Auto Service. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and regularly keeping pace with the latest training and diagnostic tools in the auto repair industry.
Call us today or schedule an appointment online so that we can take excellent care of you and your vehicle. We look forward to seeing you at Foothill Auto Service. We are located at 26911 Vista Terrace, Lake Forest, CA 92630.